20220331

Turning Red: Why Is Everyone So Mad?

This is about the movie "Turning Red". Here are some comments on the matter:

My sister in law recently told me a fellow mom at her daughters school told her to “watch out” for this movie because she said “within the first 15 minutes my daughter had QUESTIONS” Why are people so against answering their kid’s questions? I really do think it’s cruel for people to hide the fact that their daughters will bleed and cramp EVERY month until it happens. The whole taboo is what makes this such a traumatic thing for girls to experience until they figure out the normalcy of it on their own.

 I agree, people who complain about this movie being "Too sexual for kids" are the ones sexualizing it. It's such a dumb take when people say that. You are literally the problem when it comes to sexualizing things or saying this or that is sexual when it's not inherently sexual at all.

 I had no idea this movie was "controversial" until after I watched it. I think some people are completely missing the point. THE PANDA DOES NOT REPRESENT JUST ONE THING. The panda represents the new person/life stage Mei is growing into which includes, but is not limited to, boys, periods, rebellion, independence, etc. At school, the panda = "cool" Mei that her classmates suddenly love. It's not that hard to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elon Musk and Trump CRINGEFEST Dork MAGA

Masterful gambit to go from beloved space EV enthusiast to Martian Nick Fuentes for the lulz. #dorkmaga #epstein Click▼ Want to listen to ...